How Long Does It Take For renovation In Singapore? Here Are The Answers
You will be able to modify your space in a way that makes it more useful to you if you change your home. You can transform a spare bedroom into a walk-in closet, build a dream open-concept kitchen, turn your living room into a home theatre, or build a hobby room-slash- studio. It is one step closer to being your place when your home is specifically tailored to your needs.
How much time do you need to set aside for the actual renovation process after you have set your budget, chosen your ID firm, got your design concept down, and selected tiles and paint swatches?
the answer is…
Your contractor has no control over how long it takes to refurbish a HDB/Condominium. You’re right. The homeowner determines the whole duration of a renovation job. Usually, you can complete an actual HDB/condominium renovation in two months. There are definite rules that need to be followed during any renovation project. However, if you know the basics, it’s easy to save time and make sure the project is successful.
While the timeline can be estimated, every homeowner’s requirement is different. If you’re looking for an experienced general contractor who does work such as framing and drywall repair, then we can save 2 weeks of construction. If a homeowner is giving us a tight deadline for the project, perhaps they need to move into their new home.
Here are a few of the main factors that will affect your renovation timeline. When taking down notes, make sure to also download our downloadable guide to get some helpful information.
Your property type
HDB housing is the most common type of housing in Singapore. If you want to build a BTO flat, you will need to remove any other fixtures and fittings first before the construction can start. Applying for any necessary HDB construction permits are standard for most homeowners, and HDB-approved contractors would already be familiar with the process, so it’s a pretty straightforward affair.
When it comes to renovations, condo strata title holders (MCSTs) is responsible for overseeing and approving the project. Different managements are stricter with their rules, and they may have a different sets of rules and procedures to follow. The best time to get your permits approved is when they’re issued. That way your timeline will be affected by the timing of the permit issuance.
The amount of renovation required depends on how much is actually needed. For most projects, it takes a week to finish a room, while for major remodeling jobs it might take months. Many homeowners have unrealistic expectations about how long it will take them to sell their homes.
Stay to your renovation plan
- You should start sorting through ideas for your home three months before you get your keys. You can arrange inspiration photos on a moodboard and discuss them with your interior designer.
- Discuss with your family how much you will set aside for the project.
- You might want to consider working with a shortlist of interior designers. Tell your friends and family what to do. Check reviews if you are looking for a contractor or interior designer. All interior designers and contractors need proper licenses.
- Ask the interior designers to give you a few ideas for the house. Compare designs and quotes. Try to find one that fits your budget and requirements.
- The HDB has rules on noise called HDB renovation noise rules. Noisy renovation includes removing wall/floor finishes, cutting of tiles, and drilling works. They are restricted from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm daily. noisy renovation can’t be done on Saturdays, Sundays and Public holidays. HDB renovation noise complaint hotline can be used to report renovation contractors who don’t comply with requirements.
Home renovation usually lasts for about 3 months
Although HDB and Condominium renovation works are expected to last up to 2 months, it will take around 3 months for the average Singapore. With additional time, homeowners can make decisions regarding home improvement that would otherwise be deferred until a later time. Here’s a list of symptoms of chronic renovation analysis paralysis:
- Is it a good idea to consider the contractor route between interior designs?
- Taking out the best interior design proposal.
- Haggling quotations
- Deliberating the choices of materials.
Most people have to stop the entire renovation process because they cannot decide on the material or design of their cabinetry. Budget cuts are a fact of life and sometimes people have to make them. This is a good thing because it gives us the opportunity to do things right. Because there are so many causes, they are delayed in the renovation.
A guide to planning your HDB renovation
Here are HDB renovation guidelines to help you sort out some things before renovating your dream home.
Choose a theme or a concept
Procrastination is the enemy of all good home renovation process Singapore. It will make your job much harder if you don’t take steps right away. Get these tips and don’t wait to get started on your home renovation. Don’t be afraid to make changes to the home’s features or the overall look.
It’s a creative process that takes time. Pinterest, Instagram, and magazines are some of the people’s favorite sources of inspiration.
This will help you understand how to improve your interior design style and you’ll be able to make a more informed purchase choice. Take note of how the layout of the surrounding areas might affect the placement of your furniture and appliances. You might want to keep an eye out for complimentary furniture and appliances when you remodel your kitchen.
This will help you get ready for the job ahead. You and your interior designer should discuss any special needs when getting the job done.
Choose Interior Designer/Contractor
Hiring a good interior designer (ID) or contractor can take a lot of the stress out of renovation. You can then put your time and energy into home furnishings and other aspects like paperwork. Besides dedicating ample time for selection, it is important to ensure that the ID shows understanding of your needs and requirements, and your desired concept.
- Do your homework. Look at the IDs portfolio and customer reviews. Does their style match your preferences? What are the reviews for their work?
- To discuss your plans and expectations, shortlist and meet with the IDs or contractors.
- It’s important to remember that the amount of work and materials used can make a big difference in the costs.
- You would likely have to go through several rounds of discussion with the contractor before you get to the final design.
Shop for Fixtures and Fittings
Lighting, bathroom and kitchen fittings are essential for a new home. They add character and make your home look more homely. Order early, so you have enough time to ship your items. Make sure to check the estimated delivery date, as well as your order status.
What you should be doing:
- Group-buying promotions for new BTO flats are available.
- If you are purchasing from an overseas supplier, make sure the fitting is compatible for use in Singapore.
- It would take a while for the item to be shipped.
Where to buy:
- In your BTO group chats, keep an eye out for sales or group buys.
- If you want instant feedback and recommendations from the staff, visit a brick-and-mortar store.
When you move into your new flat, make sure to pay close attention to what to expect during the key collection process, how to conduct defect inspections, and things to look out for in your new flat.
After the relevant authorities have approved your project, renovations should be completed within 3 months for new flats and 1 month for existing flats. You will minimize any inconvenience and noise disturbances for your new neighbours if you place a solid cover over the air vent of your washing machine.
- At this point, your good and early planning should be paying off, but you should keep an eye on the work going on at your new flat to make sure that the renovation can be finished on time.
- Ensure that your renovation works are done in accordance with the agreed specifications and design as well as HDB’s renovation guidelines. If you identify and correct any mistakes early on, it will save you time and money.
- It’s important to maintain good relations with your future neighbors. Do not forget to place a notice outside your flat, indicating the beginning and end date of your renovation works. This will allow people to know that the works are ongoing. This will help your neighbors organize their lives in order to keep the noise and dust from this construction under control.
- Inform your neighbours about renovation works. This is a good time to get to know them.
- Take active steps to reduce noise If loud noise comes from your renovation works, close the door of your flat.
Keep your HDB renovation process easy and professional with Interior Times
Interior Times is the answer for you if you are looking for a luxury place to live, then the home you choose should be the best in every way. Your home should look good, but it also should feel good. It is best for the experienced and professional team from Interior Times to avoid any unwanted results and problems in the end due to inexperienced interior design firms. Here are the things that you can get with our service:
- A leader in the luxury housing sector for commercial and private use
- Different renovation packages for all our clients
- Increasing the value of your property and ensure its future-proofed for future buyers
No need to hassle in renovating your dream house. Contact us here to get more information.